Outlook Web App 2010
OWA 2010 Key Features
- Conversation View: Groups messages from a single conversation together which can then be managed, ignored, moved and deleted.
- Premium Version of OWA Available in Multiple Browsers: Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox 3+ and Safari 3+.
- Single Page of Messages: All messages are on one page regardless of the size of the folder.
- Nickname Cache: Helps users address email more quickly by providing a suggested name list as an address is typed.
- Filters: Now easier to apply from a convenient dropdown menu with common options.
- Search: More powerful with advanced queries.
- View Shared Calendar and Contacts: Providing the ability to check schedules and availability of users.
- Presence: Colorful indicators to let the user know if their contact is available to chat or not when used in conjunction with OCS.
- Instant Messaging (IM): Contains OCS instant messaging functionality within the client.
- SMS Sync: Exchange ActiveSync® now provides the ability to send/receive SMS text messages from OWA.
ActiveSync Key Features:
- Reply State: The icon update helps answer the question, “Did I handle that email yet?”
- Installable client: Upgrading email functionality no longer requires users to update their phones. All the latest features of Exchange are available to any mobile device that has Windows Mobile 6.1 or later. Users of Exchange can download an update to Outlook.